Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Meaningful Look Back

I have always said the best part of my job are the people I meet. Even though some of my sessions are people I already know, I still love to spend time with them and see how different families interact. Family is such an important part of life, and the special moments we share with each other are something we all want to remember. Whether its our childhood or life with our children each moment is special. With this said, I thought I would pull just ten photos from 2010 to recap my year, but as I went through all my photographs, my list went up to twenty. So here they are, and why I chose them.

These are my girls and of course my heart walking outside of my body. This picture captures their relationship perfectly. They are barefoot, outside, but in a tutu. And my oldest is helping my youngest. Such little love.

I finally had a chance to photograph what I always hear behind me. Parents are willing to do anything to get their child to smile.

and what adorable smiles they are.


I have photographed this little guy four times already and he is just now one. Watching him grow this past year was really fun.


This next picture brings me such joy. This family had been through so much while trying to adopt this little guy, but the outcome was all worth it. Their story of patience and faith has been a blessing to me.

This is a sweet family shot. I love the candidness of their smiles.

I just think this next photo is beautiful.


The McConnell family was the winner of my spring photo contest. Dad is serving our country, and has had to be away from his family for long periods of time. Their sacrifice helps remind me of my freedoms, and I am thankful.


I have two little girls, and every time I see these little guys I just want to take them home. They are so cute.


A baby on his way to sleep. Something every mother loves.

I have only gotten to know the Johnson Family very recently, but this family has been a true blessing to me in so many ways. They will only spend one year in GA, and then they are off to a different state. I hope when they look back at their photos, they will remember their time spent here.


The picture of a family walking in a park is beautiful. Their embrace is heart warming.

I also think the same thing of multiple generations. Grandparents are wonderful to have in life.


Spring means new beginnings, and a sweet little, innocent baby in the midst is so sweet.

and aren't brothers the best? I just love the reality of this photo.

and this one as well. Romance comes in all different forms, even amongst three small children.

This picture is the beginning of a whole new life for this couple.

The smallness of a baby. It is easy to forget sometimes.

These little girls have known each other since they were babies. Their growing friendship is amazing to watch


A true picture of romance. I have taken similar pictures of couples kissing many many times. But what I love about this picture is the feeling of true love I get from this photo. Being with your soul mate into old age is a dream come true.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for thinking of us on this post. Kim and I just wrapped up a pretty busy end of 2010. Christmas and a Wedding. We are looking forward to a great 2011. I hope you and your family had a great holiday season. Thank you so much again. We'll talk to you soon.

    Steven & The Hartsock's

    ReplyDelete